Sunday, January 1, 2012

Space Bugs and the New Year




Happy New Year Guys!
It’s been a few weeks since we’ve blogged and it was nice being able to take a little break. But, now that it’s the New Year, we’re ready to get this thing back up and going. A lot of stuff has happened since our last blog post and I we can’t wait to tell you all about it so be sure to come back and read all about it. We’re excited about what God has in store for us this year and hopefully you’re anticipating good things in your life this year as well.
And let me just say right up front, from the whole Dunn Family... "Thank You for following us on our blog!" By you reading, it actually encourages us, just knowing that there are people who care about us enough to keep up with us here on the blog is huge. So thanks!
But before I closeout today’s blog I had to show this to you. I know it’s been a while since I wrote about bugs. We still see them, kill them, are harassed by them, spray ourselves every night before bed to minimize the amount of bites we wake-up with, etc. They’re pretty common to us now. But the other day something happened and it was another “first” so I just had to share it with you.
On Christmas Morning, while I was drinking my coffee, MJ came into the dining room and said that she thought there was a leak in the wall in our bedroom. She said it sounded like there was water dripping inside the wall. Seeing that it was raining outside and that our house is basically a glorified cabin, that didn’t surprise me. So, I got up to investigate. When I walked into the bedroom I could hear a dripping noise... or a clicking noise, and it wasn’t in the wall, it was coming from under our bed. I got onto my knees then I laid on my stomach and lifted up the blanket so that I could see under the bed, and there it was... this little alien looking bug with 2 glowing eyes just popping up into the air, over and over, under our bed. It had glowing eyes that looked like the tail on a firefly but they just stayed lit (not intermittent like a firefly). It was almost like 2 glowing headlights on his head. It was bizarre. Anyway, I ran and grabbed my camera and shot a little video for you so you could see it too (just so you didn’t think I was exaggerating). I've been trying to upload it here at the truckstop and it's taking forever so I guess you'll just have to see a couple still shots of it instead, sorry. Pictures don't quite do it justice though. I'll try posting the video at a later time if I get a quicker internet connection... I won't hold my breath. Ha!



We Love You Guys!
Jim, MJ, Michael, Maryssa, Marlon, Matthew, Ana, Diogo, Gabriel and Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment