Friday, November 4, 2011

Totally Random Blog: King for a Day










Well, here it is... Friday. And it’s time for another Totally Random Blog: )

Yesterday was Robert’s birthday. He turned 6. It’s hard to believe that we adopted him when he was only 2 years old... wow, how time flies. He’s definitely a Dunn kid through and through. He’s full of energy (I wish I had a fraction of his energy), sarcastic, funny, loves to hug, he loves to sing (especially in the shower) and listen to music and he likes to push things to the edge (just like Dad, haha!). The other night him and I were home alone and we were playing cards and he was talking trash the whole time! I was thinking, “where did he learn to talk smack like that?” Then it hit me... he learned it from me. Ooops. Then he beat me (we were playing the card game “war”) and as he was stacking all his cards up he said, in his little antagonistic voice, “you know you just got beat by a kid, right Dad?” (The picture at the top, of him and the cards, happened right after he said it) Really? You’re gonna talk trash to me? Seriously? Oh, well...

Since today was his birthday we ( Me, MJ and he wanted Maryssa to go) took him down to Terra Boa to get a cheeseburger and then some cake at the local panafecadora (bakery/candy/hamburger place). Then we gave him his present... a brand new Ferrari! jk. We saw one in the parking lot of the truck stop so I snapped a quick pic with him next to it. It was nice just hanging out with our little man. We don’t get much time with any of the kids by themselves very often and when we do it’s nice. It was funny on the way down the mountain Robert looked at Maryssa and said, “you can thank me later” because he let her come. That’s my boy: ) Have a great weekend!


Love You Guys!

Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment