Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Hummingbird Whisperer




OK. Last year I wrote a post about how I was turning into my grandmother because of my hummingbird feeder... well, actually it was because of me finding pleasure in my hummingbird feeder. If you missed that post click HERE. Anyway, since I’m secure in my manhood, and I don’t care who knows, I thought it was time to tell you that my addiction has gotten worse. Now, we currently have 3 hummingbird feeders, some of the hummingbirds that visit everyday have names, and we actually have to remove hummingbirds (almost daily) from our home... by hand. They fly-in through an open window and then we have to catch them with our hands cupped together (with them inside) and then gently release them back outside. There’ve been a few that have been inside that almost died (because they were without food too long) and we’ve had to actually hand-feed them (see pics) until they had the strength to fly off on their own. What has happened to me?! Who would’ve ever thought that I’d become “the hummingbird whisperer?” But if you look at the video below you’ll see why. 
See? That’s pretty amazing, huh? Have you ever seen that many hummingbirds at once? It’s crazy! And they’ll fly right in the house and hover right in front of you, like they’re trying to see what your doing or something, before they fly back outside. When MJ’s at the widow doing dishes they come right inside and hover right in front of her face for a few seconds and then they’ll fly back outside. It’s kinda freaky. Sometimes you wonder if they’re gonna poke your eyes out or something. Everybody loves them except Maryssa. Actually Maryssa is afraid of them. One day she was at the computer, just minding her own business, and one flew in and got stuck in her hair. Of course (being the princess that she is) there was a lot of screaming and flailing going on, so now, every time one flies inside she hits the floor as she shrieks for help. It’s funny. Anyway. No deep theological thoughts today. Just a quick hummingbird update: )
Love Ya,
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment