Friday, October 21, 2011

Totally Random Blogging


The last couple of blogs have been serious so I thought I’d mix-it-up with what we’ll call a “Totally Random Blog.” I’ll probably start doing this once a week (on Fridays). There will be no deep hidden nuggets of wisdom (actually that’s usually not an issue anyway, haha!) and they’ll just have little “samplings” of our life here in Brazil. OK? Sweet. Here we go...

We had to go to Curitiba (which is a major city about 45 minutes from where we live) to get some paperwork that we needed from the Federal Police. We were in a district where shops lined both sides of the streets and there were all kinds (literally) of people walking around. There I was walking along, just minding my own business, when all of the sudden out of the corner of my eye I saw these 2 guys walking... no, strutting their bikes down the middle of the street with no shirts on. One was wearing spandex bike shorts and the other was wearing a pink speedo-like thing. Whoa... what in the world? I definitely had to do a double take. It was just so bizarre. Here in this metropolitan area, with everyone dressed normally, emerges these 2 guys who were totally out of place. I mean, we’re nowhere near the beach and I’m pretty sure that pink underwear/bathing suit thing is illegal... or at least it should be! I quickly grabbed my camera and told them I was a tourist (because I'm never afraid to throw down the tourist card if I need to, haha) and then asked them if I could get a picture with them (for your viewing pleasure, of course). lol! Wow, huh?!!! I would have ripped my shirt off and posed with them but that would have been totally inappropriate... : )

Love You Guys!
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment