Thursday, April 2, 2009

Do We Really Believe What We Have?





Today was absolutely amazing. I know we use that word a lot... but it was. To be able to come to a foreign country and share the Gospel with kids who don't even speak the same language... was truly amazing. The response and hunger for Christ was amazing. Our God is amazing! We spoke in a school that had about 500-600 kids in it. We sang worship songs with them and then we used interpretors and presented the Gospel. The message was simple... God loved them so much that He gave His only son, that whoever believed in Him would never parish but would have everlasting life. Pretty simple, we've all heard it, most of us have been able to quote it since Sunday School as little kids... but when these kids heard it they wanted it! The response was overwhelming. One of the people on our team even had 2 boys stop him as he walked up the street and asked him to tell them about Jesus and salvation and subsequently won them to Christ. I think we've become de-sensitized to what we have on the inside of us because if we really believed that God loved us so much that He sent His son for us, we'd be more excited about it... we'd want to tell someone... don't you think? So, my question is, "do we really believe what we have?" No, seriously... do we believe it? Is our passion for Christ so strong that we've just got to tell someone about Him? OK. next question, "when is the last time we've tried to intentionally tell soemone about Jesus when it wasn't a missions trip, or we weren't at church or during an outreach event at church?" Ouch! Hurts, huh? It does me too. Now, I'm not ashamed to speak about Jesus to anyone and I'll always jump at the opportunity to witness, but I can't say that I'm always being intentional about trying to target someone with the Gospel. I pray that this trip will help change that in me and that something will spark the desire in you because people need what we have on the inside.
We miss everybody. We miss our kids especially! Mommy and Daddy love you! But we know that this trip has a purpose and we're beginning to see it, so pray that God will continue to allow us to hear Him more clearly and that many more people will come to know Him on this trip.
To look into the eyse of a child today and be able to introduce them to your Savior... AMAZING.

Love ya,
Jim

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jim and Mary Jane,

    I'm so glad I found your new blog. I'm excited, encouraged and inspired by your posts and your pictures. I can't wait to hear more. We're praying for you all, and the people of Brazil. MJ, did you get to see the kids yet (you know the ones I'm talking about)?

    Love,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete