Friday, April 3, 2009

I Pray That I'll Never Forget






Today was a life changing day for me as a christian, as a man, as a father and as a human being. I saw poverty. Not the kind of poverty that we see in the U.S. ... I mean real poverty. The kind where you think, "how can I go home and feel good about the way I live and not do something to try and help these people?" Sure I won't have to see them everyday but the images of these precious people will be burned into my memory forever. To see adults living in poverty is one thing, but to see children living in an environment like that... it was heartbreaking. There is no way to come away from this experience the same. As I sit here I don't even know what to blog about because I'm overwhelmed at what I saw. I pray that I will never forget the sights, the smells, the children, or the look in the eyes of these people, ever. I also pray that the Lord will allow me and my family to do something to help these people.
These people were so open to the Gospel. Many excepted Christ today. Their lives changed forever. We're here helping a new church that has been built smack dab in the middle of this poor village of about 10,000 people. So, we're not only getting them saved but we were able to put them in a church right in their own community. And the children in this community love this church. We had an opportunity to go and hold a youth service with the kids tonight. This church is doing some amazing things.
We also went to the orphanage that we got our children from last year. It was very emotional. To see some of the same kids still there was too much. We couldn't hold back the tears seeing these children. I feel like I've been crying all day so I'm going to have to blog about our trip to the orphanage tomorrow, sorry.
Keep praying for us. We miss everyone.

Love Ya,
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment